2009-10 BCGS Events
View series poster.
Masterclass: Saturday, October 3, 2009: 2 p.m. Boston Conservatory, Concert Room.
Gabriel Bianco, GFA Winner’s Tour
Quarteto Vivace Brasil
BCGS Benefit Concert with Eliot Fisk
Performances by Daniel Acsadi and Leticia Prieto Alvarez, Zaira Meneses, Jerome Mouffe, and Maarten Stragier
Festival 21 featuring Gyan Riley
Masterclass with Gyan Riley: Sunday, April 11, 2010: 12 p.m. Longy School of Music, Wolfinsohn Room.
Gyan Riley solo concert: April 9, 7:30 p.m. at Concord (NH) Community Music School. $15 / 12.
Gordon Chapel, Old South Church, 645 Boylston Ave., Boston MA
- 10:00am Open rehearsal. BCGS Community Guitar Orchestra with Keene State College and Timberlane High guitar orchestras
- 11:00am Lecture/demo. Andrew McKenna Lee, on his work “Five Refractions of a Prelude by Bach.”
- 1:00pm Class. On Improvisation with Gyan Riley
- 2:00pm Members’ Concert with Scott Borg, Back Bay Trio, Jerald Harscher, Geroge Attisano, Steve Marchena, Jeff Wyman
- 3:00pm Concert: Latin Landscapes Trio. New American music for guitar and winds
- 4:00pm Concert: ChromaDuo. works by Stephen Goss, C.W.Pierce and Roberto Sierra
First Lutheran Church, 299 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA
- 8:00pm Concert by Gyan Riley and world premiére of Jose Lezcano’s “So the Poet will be Heard: Homage to Victor Jara” played by the Boston Guitar Orchestra with the Keene State College and Timberlane Regional High guitar orchestra.